Time for a change...

This early December I sat and pondered the name of this Blog I have created...

It reminded me of a story; Long ago in New Mexico I got a job in a small but big jewelry company named Desert Star. It was my second job in the jewelry industry of Albuquerque. Ironically it was a casting shop that produced jewelry by lost wax process. I stood in Harry Sappington and Pam Cody's casting shop/ jewelry company late one afternoon and was overwhelmed with emotion. For the first time in my 20 some years, I knew exactly what I wanted...

Their place was an old school casting shop, with a large foundry style natural gas blast furnace and a couple of large gas fired ovens. The main metal we cast there was silicon bronze (biker jewelry) we made thousands of bronze rings, bracelets and earrings.

Now some 20 years later and 3000 miles away, I have a smaller version of the same shop. I am "living the dream" we don't make bronze rings, but we sure make allot of gold, platinum and silver ones. It's been a long tough road to get here and I lost a close friend and mentor along the way.

So why the story? Because it's time for metamorphose and change. This blog will become it's name sake and be a vicarious look at "The Casting Shop"...

Comments

Popular Posts